Whilst enjoying a leisurely Sunday morning run, smug yet mindful that Dan was nursing an epic Stag hangover – somewhere (I could phone but what would be the fun in that? Don’t want to be the nagging wife already) – I started making a mental to do list, three weeks until THE run, which in turn is three weeks before THE wedding.
So to cut a long list short: the practicalities of running your first marathon and wedding.
In no particular order.
- Try not to get lost forever in Epsom Common.
- Find Dan
- Stay injury free. Paintball bruises excluded.
- Keep updating the wedding playlist only with songs that make you want to dance around the room or sing whilst running. Sorry if anyone has witnessed either.
- Try not to get ridiculous tan lines. Optimistic that the weather might continue Bex rightly pointed out yesterday that on no account can I get strap marks from the St Joseph’s running vest. Something that had not crossed my mind but would in fact be awful! Mmmmm…
- No more binge drinking.
- Fundraise fundraise fundraise
- Start organising the wedding.
- Plan the after party- after run, after wedding!
- Make it to the finish line (think run and wedding).
On that note… Please don’t stop the music!